
Yet another full day. The morning started with a walk through the rain to the Musee De Orsay, an old train station converted to an art museum, one of the premier spots to see impressionism.

We did see some lovely Van Gogh’s. Monet's, Manet's etc. but for some reason I seem to take pictures of things I have no information on at the end of the day, this sculpture caught my eye, but now for the life of me I can't recall who the sculpture was.

The Arc de triumph and the chans de liesse were fairly close to the Musee De Orsay, so once we'd had our fill of art a group of us headed to the arc for a dose of architecture.


We were able to use our museum passes to go to the top and it was a breathtaking view. It was quite a dizzying climb up the spiral staircase, but we soon caught our breath and were able to enjoy seeing the cars circle below us.

Later that day we took the metro and the brief hillside climb to the Church of the bleeding heart. I honestly don't remember much of the interior but the exterior of the cathedral was memorable, set on the highest point in Paris, with spectacular views, and beautiful domes.

We then took some very quaint streets, swarming with little boutiques and art shops to the Moulin Rouge.

Not quite as large as I'd pictured it, but it was still a sight, and we enjoyed making scandalous poses with it as our backdrop.
No comments:
Post a Comment