St. Chapelle's Chapel was small in comparison to many we've seen, but impressive. The oldest parts of the chapel date back to the 12th century, and at one time held the holy artifacts of the catholic church, till a fire when some were damaged and then moved.

Notre Dame was massive, much larger than I'd expected. The inside was full of chapels dedicated to saints, and candles and ornate masonry were prominent. Although it was jam packed with tourists you still couldn’t help but feel awed at the accomplishment.


I wasn't looking forward to the Pompidou, judging from my experience at the Tate Modern in London, but I was pleasantly surprised.


There seemed to be many more furniture pieces and instillation art that was generally more pleasing to the eye than it was disturbing.



I couldn’t even fathom how enormous the Louvre was, I heard that if a person was to spend just one minute looking at each piece of art in the museum, it would take four months to go through.
The classic architecture of the building itself was impressive, but the modern lines of I.M. Pei's Pyramid entrances was an amazingly complimentary contrast.

The Mona Lisa was beautiful, and the Venus De Milo, but we didn’t spend enough time to see much else. I was enthralled with the design of the escalators, huge circular cutouts on every floor gave, once again a modern geometric twist on the classical design of the building.
If I weren't so exhausted I'd write more, but that will have to do for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment