Wednesday, August 22, 2007

June 22nd blog


Paris is basically what everyone told me, dirty. I guess its not that bad but quite a few of us are having allergies because of all the cigarettes. While waiting at the train station for our bus we watched and on average every 4-5 people were smoking a cigarette. Our bus never actually showed up so after about three hours of waiting we hired taxis to get to our hotel. Luckily I was able to take a taxi to the train station since I was still feeling a bit weak from my visit to the hospital. We then rode the Chunnel and it wasn’t as bad as I had expected. A very faint hint of seaweed was the only clue that we were under the ocean.

Many of the Paris Metro system entrances in Paris were designed during the art Nuevo period, such as this one.

By the time we got to our hotel we were all a bit exhausted, so we just ended up going to dinner then coming back to relax a bit before bed. The Eiffel tower isn’t too far from our hotel, so hopefully we’ll go tomorrow and I’ll finally have a chance to take some pictures.

No comments: