
For some reason half of my pictures won't transfer to my computer today, so the shots of Florence from the hill won't be posted until later, but at least you can enjoy some pictures we took next to the river at sunset.


Our second day of Florence was spent mostly in shopping at the flea markets. I got a steal on leather coat and we went to the same silk tie vendor so many times he began to give anyone from our group discounts. Melon gelato is amazing, I had some on our walk to view the sunset.

On our way back to the hotel there was a live concert on Florence’s oldest bridge. I've never heard a more beautiful version of the songs "With or Without You" and "Fields of Barley," I suppose everything sounds better when its sung with an exotic accent. Tomorrow a few of us will be going to Sienna, from what I hear I have a lot to look forward to, so I suppose I should go to bed and save a bit of energy for our excursion.

No comments:
Post a Comment