Wednesday, August 22, 2007

June 24th blog




A number of our group went to the catacombs today. It wasn’t as creepy as I thought it would be, but in a way I felt disrespectful, it was hard to picture so many bones as six million human beings.




That’s the number that I heard, however we didn’t have a tour guide so perhaps its wrong, but it did look like there could be that many.



After the catacombs we had our first crepes, mine was nutella and banana and it was amazing.






We then took a boat tour on the Seine which was beautiful, it was difficult to hear the audio guide though, so I only caught parts of the history of the things I was seeing. I love to see the occasional modern art piece mixed in with the traditional surroundings.








The view of the Eiffel tower was even better than I expected. By the time we got off our boat it was almost dark and they’d turned the glittering lights on the tower.




We decided to wait till tomorrow to go up, but we hung around the bottom for a while and met another group from Utah while we were trying to join in the singing from a religious group with a guitar in the middle.




I didn’t know many songs, but we were able to sing along to “Battle Hymn of the Republic” and “How Great thou Art”. Sadly I still can’t access the internet, I’m considering selling a kidney for an hour of two of emailing home.

No comments: