
I haven’t seen much of Florence yet but so far its much like Venice, just with wider streets and cars. We woke up early in Venice, 6:45 to be exact since my room mates and I slept in, so I had 15 minutes to finish packing and head out the door. The train ride to Florence was fairly uneventful, I always feel guilty on our rides because I don’t watch the scenery enough, I’m either touching up a sketch or catching up on sleep. Our hotel is nice, a hole in the wall type of place you hardly would know is hear. Our concierge is nice, and he thought my name was awesome because its two soccer teams. I finally found a pretty good deal on food I had a falafel for dinner that was yummy.

Today was the first day in Italy that I had gelato only once, so far Hazelnut is my favorite, but coconut, stracitella, and nutella were all good, but nutella was a bit weak on flavor (just in case you really are that interested).
Not much to report on architecture or design as we didn’t do much today, but I will say that the black lights in the Florence train station bathrooms today were a bit strange. A leather salesman offered 70 percent off to friends of the missionaries today, but it was still too expensive. Most of the day was spent relaxing and catching up on sleep as all the traveling has left us exhausted. 

No comments:
Post a Comment