
Our trip has come to and end, and as excited I am to go home, I know I'm going to miss Europe, I'm already planning what I need to see if I ever get to come again. Our flight home seemed like it would never end. We left our hotel at 6:00 a.m. lugged our baggage to the train station where we caught a bus to the Piza airport. When we arrived in Piza we had just enough time to hop a bus and take a few pictures of the famous leaning tower before our flight was to leave.

Kari demonstrates just how accustomed we've become to life on the move when she and Cassie decided to wash their hair in the Piza airport, the janitor looked at them like they were crazy Americans.

I can't express how thankful I was that our TV on the flight back actually worked this time, as it was broken when we flew to London, and it made the flight seem even longer. We had to wait on the runway at JFK for two hours before we could take off due to traffic on the runway, and that was perhaps the most excruciated part of the trip, we just were all so excited to be home and were trying so hard not to sleep too much so we wouldn't have too much jet lag when we got home. When we finally took of we'd been watching the movie Premonition, and as they never turned if off at take off at take off it and the lights began to shake on and off with the turbulence of the plane, and Sandra Bullock's voice slowed to a deep barely audible groaning, it struck me as something out of a cheesy horror movie and I had to laugh. We finally made it back safe and sound, and I now find just how grateful I am for America.
No comments:
Post a Comment