Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 11th blog

As much as I thought I loved modern art, some of the things I saw today just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. The Design Museum, featuring the designer Colani was small but interesting. I respect designers who can take their inspiration from nature. His designs for aircrafts were based on various sea creatures including a kind of a shark that has an aerodynamic build.

On our walk to the next stop we saw a cathedral that was open and organ music was being played, so we strolled in. It looked like they were getting ready for some event or else they were just doing some housecleaning/maintenance, but either way their weren’t very many people besides ourselves. Apparently we weren’t supposed to be there, but we didn’t find that out till after we’d listened to the organ music and taken a few pictures, oh well.


We then walked to the Tate modern art center. While some of the pieces were beautiful, others mainly seemed an excuse to display pornography. Right now were sitting in the park at Leicester square trying to connect to the internet, but its not working, however the opening of Shrek the third in England is going on a few hundred feet from us and so there is lots to see. Apparently it’s a red carpet event, but I haven’t seen any actors yet. I’ve decided that England smells like beef stew and old people.

No comments: