Wednesday, June 6, 2007

First Day in London

Wow! What an amazing, and tiring day. After a brisk sprint to our gate at the JFK airport wo arived in England. I hardly slept on the flight over so when we got to London at 7 a.m. we weren't allowed to nap so we'd get on a good schedule and it almost killed me. (I may have exaggerated a bit)

I've only seen a small portion of it, but so far London is the most beautiful city I've ever visited. Every style of architecture has so much history. Its strange to think that some of the buildings surrounding me are older than my own nation. The views of the parliament buildings and Big Ben across the water were breath taking, the amount of detail carved into the stone is a feat in itself.



The facade of Buckingham palace was equally impressive, especially the detail in the wrought iron gates, the intricate artistry is so delicate.



The beauty is found in places other than parliament buildings as illustrated in this picture I snapped of the front of a business near the theatre district, which has a mix of styles including art neuvo that add to its charm.





Last of all who could go to London without a visit to Trafalgar square in front of the national portrait gallery, to feed the pigeons rice. I cant wait to see the interior of the portrait gallery, and Westminster Abbey tomorrow and explore the architecture of these great buildings from the core.


No comments: